Just Rosey!

Today’s post features stamps, dies, Brusho pigments and the fabulous AcquaBlend pencils by Spectrum Noir from Crafter’s Companion. Colouring is so relaxing! Everyone likes flowers so what better than to use these top notch stamps and matching dies from Stampendous. To add texture and background interest I couldn’t resist the versatile’ Tuck In’ dies from Tattered lace. What better fun could a person have? How exciting!

You will also need:

IMG_2597

You will also need a heat gun, a die cutting machine, VersaMark ink pad, a stamping block, a paint brush, Water brush (pictured below) foam pads, adhesive, watercolour card, dark pink card and a cream DL card blank. These products, along with the products in the pictures have been featured in previous posts if you require more details.

To begin, I decided to cut the ‘tuck in’ shapes. I used the small and handy sapphire die cutting machine. After cutting I lightly coloured the die cuts with a cream alcohol marker and set aside until later.

Next I made my background. I took a couple of sheets of watercolour card. I sprinkled a tiny amount of the Brusho pigment on to one sheet using the end of a pokey tool. Then I spritzed with water. I placed a second sheet on top so that I had the pigment colours on two sheets .I then lightly dabbed with kitchen towel. The pigments are surprisingly strong so be careful!

I dried the ink off with a heat gun.  Next to add an additional layer of interest I took a paint brush and a gold radiant rain mica ink and flicked the brush against my hand to splat tiny gold flecks onto the card.

Next I cut the card into strips.

IMG_2563

Then to the stamping. I inked my images using VersaMark ink and stamped on to watercolour card. I then sprinkled with detail white embossing powder tapping off excess and heated with a heat gun.

Once the images are embossed I took my acqua blend pencils and a water brush. I scribbled colour on to the card and blended with water. I repeated this building up the colour trying to ensure that where the light would be hitting the image it would be lighter and darker in the shade etc. Also used my Spectrum Noir Sparkle  pens in red and clear to add a glint of twinkle and extra depth. I found the pencils were rich in colour and excellent quality. I liked to add extra in the end. I also scribbled some black ink in the dark parts of the images.

 

Once the images were coloured and sparkled I used the corresponding dies to cut them out (see pictured above) Each die was taped against the image with low tack tape to ensure it didn’t move then it was put through my die cutting machine. I used the my electronic Ebosser.

I then choose which background I wanted and randomly stamped some foliage in purple distress ink. I edged the flowers and leaves in dark purple alcohol marker so they would stand out when mounted. I edged the background card with my gold radiant rain concentrate. I do that a lot! I choose a dark pink background to frame my work and cut it to size. I stuck the art work to the pink card then mounted this on to a cream DL card with foam pads.

Next I stuck my ‘tuck in’ die cuts to the background. I then mounted my images with foam pads on top.

 

So there you go! Lovely!

IMG_2585

 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s