I’ve been asked how I created my blog header image. So I thought I would do a quick tutorial on how. I’m really inspired by the colours and patterns of Morocco. I have fond memories of a holiday/ adventure I had with my Mum and brother some years ago. Memories of mountains, heat, mesmerizing ceramics and mint tea! It was a quick flirt with North Africa but I’ve never quite left it behind.
To recreate that Moroccan flavour you will need warm colours and fabulous patterns. So just the excuse to use these gorgeous flower stamps from Sheena Douglass and Crafter’s Companion.
You will also need:
And some coloured card:
The first thing I did was to emboss a piece of teal/aqua card with a Sue Wilson embossing folder. I cut this to size and edged with a gold radiant rain ink. I then cut my panel in purple using another Sue Wilson product this time a die. When cut I added a few pink gems. I then mounted my layers up, some flat some with foam pads.
Now for the flowers. No inkiness this time! Very straight forward. I took the coloured card and selected some of the stamps in different patterns and sizes, including a couple of leaves. I mounted these on to a ‘rocka block’ using stick and spray temporary adhesive.I then stamped the images on to the coloured card using versa mark ink. This is a sticky ink. This catches the embossing powder. On this occasion I used a Wow powder in gold glitter (my favourite). I heated the powder with a heat gun and then cut the images out. For the large flower, as it did not have a pattern on it I took one of the patterned stamps and stamped over the top of its outline creating my own pattern before cutting it.
Next I shaped the flowers and leaves using a foam mat and a large embossing tool. I then added dazzler embellishments in complimentary colours using my tacky glue.For the stems I cut a few strips of green card.
Finally I added foam pads to the back of the elements and arranged a flower display on top of the die cut panel.
I can almost smell those camels!