Oh luscious colour pretty silver and lace! Back to dabbling with inks! Today I’ve combined inked backgrounds with hot foil and dies. Again I’ve brought together techniques from previous posts. The feature is the beautiful sunflower doily die from Tattered Lace.This is how it looks.
You will need an 8’x8′ white card blank. Some watercolour card from Crafter’s companion, the Todo machine, a heat gun some tacky glue and foam pads.The dies, Todo plates, colouring mediums and embellishments look like this:
I started by creating my backgrounds. I used blues, pink, mint and purple.I spritzed the colour on to the water colour card, sprayed with water, dried with the heat gun and spritzed again in parts.
I then ran some of the inked card through the Todo machine using the hot foiling function with a couple of different foiling plates. One in silver and the other in dark pink foil.
I die cut the flower in the inked card and in a plain dark purple card. I cut the flower centre using a piece of the foiled inked card and in some silver and pink glitter card.I mounted these together (in an off set fashion) and added a dazzler gem in the centre.I edged the die cuts using a complimentary alcohol marker.
I cut the flower stem and leaves from the inky card. I used a fancy strip die to cut a background strip in pink glitter. I also cut a label tag from the silver foiled card and one from the inked card. The latter was then foiled in the Todo machine using a sentiment plate-‘thanks’. The other tag was used for the box that I later made when the card was finished.
To put the card together I cut a large square from the inked card and mounted this on to the card blank. I laid the pink background lacy die cut across the middle and stuck down. I then cut a square of white card and a slightly smaller square of the inked, silver foiled card and matted these together and mounted on to the card with foam pads . I also edged these with an alcohol marker.
Next I cut a butterfly twice from the pink foiled card. I shaped this, put one on top of the other and added pink gems down the centre.
Finally I assembled the flower, stem, leaves and tag, stuck these to the centre of the card and added ribbon and another small dazzler gem. I used foam pads for added dimension.
It really is worth getting inky again!