Irresistible

The last set of cards were quick and reasonably straight forward.For today I thought I would mix it up a bit and look at a project which is similar in layout but perhaps a little more complex in terms of technique. This type of card is really enjoyable. Its back to stamping!! The project demonstrates the wonderful ‘resist’ technique. But don’t worry there’s still a little die cutting which adds the finishing touches.

Here’s one version of the finished work:

IMG_3212 (Edited)

Here are the products I used:

I also used water colour card; a strip of vellum;white and cornflower blue card stock and a heat gun.

To begin I took a selection of meadow grass stamps and stamped an arrangement on watercolour card using versa mark ink and embossed mostly with clear embossing powder and a smaller selection including the tallest image using green powder.

Then, taking a water brush I flooded some of the areas of the picture with water.

Next came the fun part! I took the wonderful pixie powders (pigment with mica) and gently sprinkled a tiny amount on top of the water. I used brown for the foreground and a couple of blues for the top two thirds of the picture. I watched the colour bleed around the embossed images. I then added a little pink to the top and bottom and spritzed with a little water. I then dried the ink with a heat gun.

I cut down the art work and rounded the corners using a  corner punch.

I coloured the edges using pink and blue colour cloud inks.

I then took an aqua blend ink in white and using my trusty ‘flicky’ tool I randomly splattered the ink over the top of the picture.

I wanted to add my sentiment across the middle on vellum so I cut a strip and added my die cut ‘hello’ (from todo) in silver glitter card. But when I looked at the finished result it didn’t look right. So I adjusted it slightly by changing the vellum strip to a banner shape which stopped half way across the card and I coloured the silver die cut with a purple alcohol marker.

I mounted this on to white card and then again on to a larger piece of complimentary blue card.

To add the finishing touches I die cut some ‘String flowers’ in white from Sue Wilson and Creative expressions in a range of sizes. These are so pretty! I stuck the largest one against the sentiment and added a dazzler and scattered the smaller ones across the scene. Finally I couldn’t resist cutting a couple of sweet pea die cuts from Tattered Lace and placed them either side of the project. This die is one of my favourites and it came free with one of their magazines!

The Gallery:

It is difficult to picture the effects of the mica in the inks. Trust me, it glows and sparkles with prettiness!

IMG_3242

For another version what about adding the TL peacock feather and butterfly die cuts for a different look. Also add a little bling with some AV crystals. Either finished piece works.

image

IMG_3938

 

I hope you like the resist technique as much as me! Have a go!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s